April 2, 2010

Monday, and Copeland day (Tuesday).

First off, I want to apologize for my sporadic blogging. Lately I've been without internet connection to my laptop (except for at school) so my traditional posts have been a little behind. Anyways, I would like to review my Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week. It's been a very busy/emotional/hectic week, but in the end it has been all worth it.

Monday Scott and I had a lot of homework to catch up on, but we made time for a stop at Seattle Espresso and Target. Scott even took a picture of me in my new romper (which I love so much!).



We also went out to dinner with my grandma. We went to Red Robin, and then Yogurtland for dessert. Scott and I both tried something new at Red Robin (how unusual of us), and each got a new mixture of fro-yo.


Tuesday was the night of the Copeland Farewell Tour show. Going into the show, I knew it was going to be an emotional night. Lets face it, I've listened to this band for well over seven years now and that night was the night that it all came to a close (them as a band for me, not me listening to their music).

Nikki and her husband Raf met us at the show, and the boys talked for awhile while Nikki and I went to look for Ace Ender's wife Jenn so that I could give her a card I made for them. After not finding Jenn we went back into the The Clubhouse (Oh yea, I'm over 21 so I can go in and out as I please AND sit down in the back if I want! So awesome!).

I can't quite remember the first band that played name, but they were good. They certainly had a Copeland feel to them. Next up was Person L (singer of The Starting Line's new band). Their set was pretty good, definitely had a jam band feel to it. After Person L got done Ace Enders, or I Can Make A Mess Like Nobodies Business played. Their set was very good and brought back lots of good memories for me (The Early November will always be one of my favorite bands).

And then there was Copeland. This band has been, will always been of my favorites. Their set was beautiful (that's an understatement, it was amazing). They played all my favorites, actually all except for one, they forgot to play Walking Downtown. They played for about an hour, then came back out for two encores. After it was all done I was a bit in shock, I couldn't believe it was over. I will never forget the sound of Aaron Marsh's voice, and the way their songs made me feel that night. Scott and I even got to tell him how wonderful we thought the show was, and he took a picture with us (and Nikki & Raft too).




Wednesday was spent going to school, having an amazing coffee tasting/interview with Brian Clemens (which I will blog about separately soon), and attending another show where Scott and I saw some old friends (some really old for me!).

Ok, off to spend time with my family in Yuma, Arizona.

-Chels xoxo

7 comments:

  1. i love copeland as well. it's really hard to think that they are done making music. i know they are just a band, but it's copeland! thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely week! It's sooo amazing to see one of your favorites live, but a total bummer when it's their last show! When I was 17, I went with my brother to Philly (only ten hours away...)to see Weezer (my favorite band) before they released the Green Album, so they played Pinkerton and the Blue Album--and it was amazing, and I treated it as their farewell tour, because now they just bum me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never was a copeland fan. but i'm glad you had fun! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm happy you know who ace enders and the early november and copeland is :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia- Oh I just love it!

    Cal-Thank you! It's been a good one so far :]

    The girl- I know what you mean. Maybe they'll release another b-side cd! That would be amazing.

    Stephanie- Oh my, Weezer around that time period would have been amazing to see! So glad that you got to see them then :]

    Danielle- Thank you!

    Jasmin- Haha of course I do. Each of them will forever hold a special place in my heart<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that romper and it goes well with that cardigan. I'm from AZ but never been to Yuma however I have heard it's a lovely place. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE COPELAND!

    and that romper!

    and fro yo!

    so simply WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete