May 15, 2010

Kartchner Caverns/Tucson Part 1!

Good late morning/early afternoon lovelies! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far. Well, if you can recall I mentioned the other day that Scott and I were going to take a trip to the Kartchner Caverns, and Tucson as well. Our trip was Thursday and it was incredibly fun! I've decided to break our trip into a few different posts, so that you're not bombarded with so many silly pictures at once. Ok, on to the story-

Our morning started out very early:
I dressed in casual wear + my We Love Colors headband for the trip!

Scott made us a lovely breakfast complete with veggie cheese eggs, toast, apples slices...

Oh, and of course coffee (made with one of our vintage Pyrex Chemex type of pots:

A little before nine we got on the road and headed towards Tucson:

We packed the car really well with water, paper towels, and snacks:
A travel must for us!

We got to the caverns about an hour before our tour and had a chance to look around the gift shop (were we made smashed souvenir pennies), look at all the exhibits about the caverns, and watch a movie that explained how the caverns were discovered.

Around noon our trip began and we were forced to leave everything in the car, therefore I unfortunately do not have pictures of the beautiful insides, however I can say that it was an amazing experience to see water formations thousands, upon thousands years old.

Here are a few pictures that I found through Google images of the main room that we went into, and my favorite thing about the cave:

The throne room! That center piece is about six stories high!

Bacon, or at least a stalactite that looks like one.

Scott and I really enjoyed it and are very glad that we went. We even took a picture outside of the cavern information center to prove that we went:




Be back soon with part two of our trip!
Have a great day lovelies!

Oh, and don't forget to enter the We Love Colors giveaway that is happening on my blog!
-Chels xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like it would be so neat to see!

    When I was younger, we went on a family trip to Mammoth Caves in KY and saw similar formations, and I remember it being so amazingly beautiful!

    I can't wait to see more photos from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it look like you two had fun! i cannot wait to see more photos of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you two had so much fun! That breakfast looks delicious, can't wait to see more photos.

    www.teenvegetariansoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie- I hear the Mammoth Caves are beautiful! So glad you were able to see such an amazing site in person!

    Rikki- Thanks girl, we really did :]

    Jada- Thanks love! Scott is a great cook :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! coooool! what fun adventuring! i love caves, so mysterious. well, caverns, caves, whatever. stalactites and stalagmites are SO rad. i remember going to a cave in northern california when i was little and there were sooooo many. it was magical. the slow drip drips of water that echo in caves are the perfect sound track for a magical underground journey. :)
    <3 moorea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove road trips! And Kartchner! And Tucson!!

    ReplyDelete