May 28, 2010

A trip to Steamboat Springs.

Earlier this week my parents and I took a trip to Steamboat Springs, CO. On my list of places to visit was Winona's, a cute cafe in the center of town. Over the years I've had a few meals there and feel like it's a must visit every time I'm in Steamboat.





I had THE most amazing tofu garden sandwich and sweet potato fries. The tofu was covered in loads of veggie and an awesome thai peanut sauces. If it wasn't for the spiciness of this dish, I could eat it every day.

Winona's is also well know for their pastries, so we picked up a few scones (peach, cranberry, and apple) on our way out. I happily at the cranberry scone for breakfast with my coffee the next morning.

Have you eaten anywhere lately that you really love? Is it bad that I feel like such a foodie nowadays?

-Chels xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm karlie, new to blogspot, and I was wondering if you traded blog buttons? or if you charged? please let me know I'm trying to get my blog 'out there'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious! My friend and I were actually talking about what foodies we've become and how much we splurge on food haha. One of my new favorite places in San Diego is Cucina Urbana, my family went there the other night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had.
    :)
    PS- Don't feel bad about being a foodie, I'm right there with you, as are a ton of other people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karlie- I usually just put my friends/fav blogs buttons on my blog :] My advice to you would be to get out there and get to know other bloggers. Comment lots and keep in touch! :]

    Casey- I'm thrilled to hear other people feel the same way I do about food. I love splurging on good food and going to new places :] Your place in SD sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tofu garden sandwich and sweet potato fries?? That sounds heavenly Chelsea. I think I want to visit every restaurant you go to. YUM.

    Jada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about cute places people go to eat or have coffee, etc. It inspires me to find neat places in my own city. :)

    ReplyDelete