October 6, 2010

Floral in the City

On Monday Scott came down to my school in Phoenix, and after grabbing a quick lunch at Subway we snapped a few photos of my outfit in the park across the street.


Cardigan: Halogen
Shirt: Target
Skirt: Nordstroms
Booties: Jeffrey Campbell

I really loved the colors of this outfit, and also the fact that I was able to wear the cardigan without sweating to death. That afternoon a storm had rolled into downtown Phoenix, and there was a slight chill in the air.


The park was designed as a place for students to go to on cool days (who would really want to sit in that direct sunlight in 105 degree weather). It has bits of modern architecture in it, as well as a historical building that holds an art gallery. There is also a below ground coffee shop that serves the best vegan brownies I've ever had.


I really feel like this city is truly my home, and I'm thrilled to be able to come here every day. I am so thankful that ASU decided to move the journalism school downtown. We not only got a brand new building, complete with state of the art Mac computers and other great features, but also a chance to live and work in a new, and exciting scenery.



The Jeffrey Campbell shoes are a recent purchase, found at Last Chance for a mere $30, compared to their regular $170 price tag. I was super excited to find them, and can't wait to wear them this fall/winter.



I also want to give a big thanks today to my boyfriend Scott who is always so great about taking pictures for me, and is always thinking of new locations to take them in. He is a huge encouragement in my life, and I'm so thankful for him.


What are you doing today?

11 comments:

  1. that last photo of you is absolutely gorgeous!! i can never get over your hair, it's so pretty! your outfit is great! what i wouldn't give to own a pair of jeffrey campbells...one day...one day. i also find it funny that you are able to wear those shoes for fall/winter, at first i was like "what about the snow??!" then i remembered where you are and realized that it's super freaking hot all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes! Scott reminds me a lot of my boyfriend, David! Today I am working on some new dresses. Hopefully this weekend I will open up my Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pictures <3

    my friend from back home who lives in LA now is doing "outfit of the day" blogs now too: http://iwanderiwonder.blogspot.com/

    i think you'd really like them :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Jeffrey Campbell shoes!....I saw Jeffrey Campbell platforms at Last Chance for only $10! and I have been eying them online for ages so I was so excited when I found them...but they were size 11.5! and I'm a 9..I need to get back to Last Chance like once a week to see if I can find my size.

    do you not live in Downtown Phoenix?

    p.s.the color of your cardigan is my favorite right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cardi and shoes!
    Your link is on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love that color sweater with that printed floral, you look great!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carly- Thank you for the very sweet comment :] Also, haha I know what you mean. It still does get very cold here, but no snow!

    Ashley-Awh, I can see the similarities! They're both very artistic :] And you're opening an Etsy store? You must show me when it when it opens!

    Gina- Your comments always make me smile :] Also, your friend has superb style! I just started following her! Thank you for sharing her blog :]

    Liz- Thank you! :]

    Alny- $10 for JC platforms? Amazing! I plan on going back to Last Chance very soon! Also, I don't actually live in PHX, but I'm here every day, almost all days. :]

    Celine- Thank you! I will add your blog to my favorites asap!

    CB- Thank you so much! I'm loving the olive green cardigan as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the follow Chelsea! I like you're blog too! Very cute! I wish I had the guts to rock those booties.

    And thanks Gina for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those shoes and love the color of your cardigan! What a cute outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are beautiful! I love all your cardigans.. I need to get myself some that are just not gray and black. I think it's cute Scott is willing to take pictures for you! It's a chore to have my husband take photos of me haha he doesn't put much heart into it and most photos end up out of focus. Ohhh welll.

    ReplyDelete