February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Wears

So now you know what Scott and I did for Valentine's Day, but you haven't really seen what we wore. Well, since it was such a special day Scott and I decided to get a little dressed up and to go along with the day's signature color.


Sweater: JCrew; white top: Frenchi; Pendleton, vintage wool skirt: Mercantile; flats: Ruby & Bloom


Sunglasses: Ray Bans; Jacket: Banana Republic: Shirt: Gap; Knitted bow tie: Urban Outfitters;Pants: Quicksilver; Shoes: Sperry's


For Valentine's Day Scott got me the most beautiful vintage broach. We had spotted it a few weeks earlier while exploring the Mesa Antique Plaza, but I just didn't think I should buy it for myself at the time. I am so happy that he bought it for me though, because I absolutely adore.

A little over a week ago I picked up this cute red knit bow tie for Scott at Urban Outfitters. For months now we've been searching for a red bow tie for Scott to wear to my cousin's wedding (which is on Saturday), and when I spotted this one at UO I squealed (literally) so loud out of excitement.



Scott and I truly had a lovely Valentine's Day. It was such a sweet day to spend together doing some of our favorite things. Our breakfast was so good, and the show was even sweeter.



Promise I didn't hurt him! Scott and I took a similar photo to this in February of 2007 that I just love.




I really hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Now that the holiday is over I am doing last minute things for my cousin's wedding, trying to stay on top of my class work, and squeezing some time in for blogging. Today I have a doctor's appointment, have to drive to Casa Grande to pick up something for the wedding, and must work on some Magazine Writing homework.

What does your day look like?
-Chelsea


19 comments:

  1. CUTIES! i got my boyfriend a red bow tie as well :) you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, you guys look adorable. I love Scott's red bow tie, it's fab. Sounds like you had the perfect Valentines day! And you look lovely as ever, loving your red skirt, polka dots, and that broach is cute, cute! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stylish couple!
    love his bow tie (; my bf would never wear something like that..:( he is kind of nerdy lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I think this is my favorite of outfit of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. My heart just melted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and you look amazing!!!
    Stylish couple!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are the cutest! Seriously. I love these outfits so much. Its like a dream! Scott looks SO good with a bowtie. You should tell him to wear one everyday. And your outfit is so lovely girl..you look so sweet. I love that skirt and that brooch he got you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm I need that sweater. NEED IT. You guys are the cutest! I love how Scott dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, so cute!! I love the pictures of you two together, they are so sweet. Your polka dot cardi is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable. and! fun fact: that skirt used to be seesaw vintage :) we sold it to shauna at mercantile. there's a possibility she's going to start carrying our vintage finds. also... i agree, love that cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so so cute!! I love everything about both these outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww you guys look so so so cute! LOVE both your outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness gravies you two are too stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, you guys are so cute together! and loving the bow tie! So glad I found your blog (on twitter by @girlandcloset) love it and FOLLOWING ;)

    love, live & wear

    xoxo, L

    ReplyDelete
  15. you guys look so chic! your brooch is gorgeous, and i love it with the polka dot background.

    also, i want your hair. i seriously considered going blonde not too long ago, but i don't think i'm brave enough!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suuuuuuuper cute. You guys look so great together! And I love your sunflower bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so cute in your red skirt!
    I always feel like such a weirdo when I try to pull of that look.

    ReplyDelete