1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm Louise! I'm an avid reader, singer, prankster, coffee-drinker, fashion obsessor, watcher of good and bad television, lover of animals, baker of brownies, wife to Darin, mother to Rowena, thrifter, laugher, and classic film advocate. I recently moved from the metropolis of Portland to a wee Bavarian village nestled in Oregon's Willamette Valley.
2. What got you interested in blogging, and how long have you been blogging for?
I recently ended a 5 year stint at Gap and I needed a creative outlet, hence Coffee and a Cardigan. I have wanted to start one for so long, but I was too insecure about it. I said to myself, "Lose some weight!" and kept making ridiculous excuses. I finally got over my fear of rejection last August and I am so glad I did! I don't have a of of real-life friends interested in fashion, so the blogging world has supplied a wonderful community of people with a similar interests!
3. Can you tell us about your style?
I like to dress a little bit vintage, a little bit modern, but always with a sense of humor. I try not to follow fashion "rules."
4. Since you live in the Northwest, how do you think that affects the way you dress?
Unfortunately for my cold feet, it doesn't. Ha ha! I wear high shoes constantly, and at the slightest hint of spring I will stop wearing sweaters. I do have the necessary L.L Bean duck boots, though. It gets so wet in wintertime!
5. What are your favorite trends for spring?
Long, full, swishy skirts inspired by the 50s! I also can't get enough of of the wooden-soled clog trend.
6. When you're not busy blogging, what can you be found doing?
In my spare time, I crouch down by my heater immersed in L.M. Montgomery novels. If I'm not doing that, I'm thrift shopping, recording music, exercising, or eating Mexican food. I also work at a youth center in the mornings.
7. With regards to fashion, what do you draw inspiration from?
I draw so much inspiration from my fellow bloggers, Black Apple art, Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers films, last season's fashions, and 90s television.
8. If you had to pick one outfit to wear the rest of your life, what would it look like?
A polka-dotted day dress with a Peter-Pan collar and cardigan thrown about my shoulders. A pair of red t-strap heels would don my feet, but I'd keep a spare pair of comfy oxfords in my purse.
9. You seem to have a great love for color. What is your favorite color to wear? How do you think color adds to the overall feel of an outfit?
Red is my favorite color to wear. It warms my face right up and lifts my spirits. Red is a little-known great neutral color! Color adds spunk, texture, and personality to an outfit. Unexpected color combos add a sense of fun!
10. Do you have any advice for aspiring fashion bloggers? What about someone interested in wearing in wearing more color, but is slightly afraid to?
Step 1: Start a blog. Don't wait for the weight-loss or the fancy camera. There's a community just waiting for you to step in!
Step 2: Be yourself. I am constantly reminding myself of there wise words from Judy Garland: "Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else."
In regards to color, start with accessories. Purchase some cheap colorful jewelry at Goodwill or Forever 21, and add it to your all black ensemble. Experiment and have fun with it! You might surprise yourself.
Thank you so much for doing this interview Louise! Be sure and check out Louise's blog for some daily outfit inspiration!