March 11, 2011

Tempe Town Lake Part 2

Niether Scott nor I had ever been out on Tempe Town Lake, so we figured the beginning of March when the weather was still cool would be the perfect time to go out onto the lake and try something new.



Scott and I rented a pedal boat for an hour and took off going east on the lake.


Neither of us had ever ridden in a pedal boat before, so it was a lot of fun (and tiring) to pedal our way through the lake. We took turns steering the boat, and took a few breaks to just take in the moment and scenery along the way.




Being out on the lake was really refreshing. I've always had this affinity to water, something that I attribute to my mother's Northwest roots (Washington state), and being able to go out and be surrounded by water was special to me (even if it is a man-made lake). I can't wait to go back to Washington and take a walk along the Puget sound and take in the cool breeze and the peace of mind that comes along being near water.



There are three bridges that cross over the lake, one for the lightrail, one for trains, and the third for cars. Each of them is beautiful in it's own way.





Going on the lake was so wonderful, and I can't wait to go out on it again. Next time Scott and I are thinking about borrowing a kayak from a family friend, or renting one, and paddling it across the lake together. It's going to be marvelous!


Do you live near a body of water? Do you enjoy being out on the water?
-Chelsea

7 comments:

  1. Omg kayaks scare the living crap out of me! My dad's friend had 2 and week went to the beach and to a part where the water was shallow and there weren't any waves and I jumped out of the kayak 2 seconds after I got in it haha! I'm always afraid its going to flip and I'll be stuck and drown. Crazy I know!

    Anyhow you make Arizona look so fun and I kind of miss living there. I think the summer made me hate it haha.

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh just came across your blog ;) love it! I wish I lived near a body of water- but sadly the closest thing I have is Lake Michigan ha! cute pics girl :) can't wait to read what you post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've always lived near water. where i grew up was like a 10minute drive to the beach and where i live now it's probably less!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great adventure! love these pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always wanted to do this, but it's never open when i'm there! cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, looks so relaxing..and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work at Tempe Boat Rentals, on Tempe Town Lake! I must have missed you... but I'm glad you had fun. Definitely try kayaking, it is a totally different experience, and a lot of fun. We just got Stand Up Paddle boards, too, that are especially awesome :]

    ReplyDelete