May 24, 2011

Summer in the City

I would be lying if I said that Arizona doesn't have the most beautiful sunsets, because it totally does. Growing up I did a lot of traveling, and I would always judge a cities'/states sunsets compared to my home state's (they would always fall short, of course). A major bonus of having such great sunsets is having amazing light for photos, I think that's why I always love taking photos right when the twilight hits my pretty city.


Top: Frenchi; Skirt: Anthropologie / Gift from my friend Courtney; Black knee highs: c/o We Love Colors; Flats: Ruby & Bloom


Do you remember when I was asking on Twitter what gifts other's had received for graduation, as my mom had been asking me what I wanted. Well, my parents ended up surprising me with the most beautiful diamond necklace. My mom said she wanted me to have something I could keep forever, something I could look at and remember that special day. This kind of made my heart melt. I will treasure my gift forever, and ever.



For my birthday my lovely friend Courtney surprised me with this pretty Anthropologie skirt. I told her I was eyeing it when I was trying out potential graduation dresses, so it was a very sweet surprised when she handed it to me the day before my birthday. Courtney seriously has the biggest heart, and I'm so happy to have her as a friend.


Today I'm just continuing to soak up my last few days in Arizona (for two months that is). When I get to Colorado I will have a lot of down time, so I've been thinking about what books I'm going to read and what improvements I might make to my blog. If I come up with a solid list of things I plan on doing/reading, I will definitely share.



On a side note, I would be lying if I said I wasn't singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time" while taking these photos. Something about the knee highs and this skirt made me think of Brit and her young self, singing a song I was once obsessed with (yes, I was a Britney fan when I was a kid. There, I said it). The singing was all in good fun though. Scott had a good time laughing at me as I belted out the song word for word.

What are you up to today? What did you receive for graduation? Where you ever a Britney fan?
-Chelsea

14 comments:

  1. I remember singing "Lucky" with such conviction and feeling moved by that song. hahaha. Oh, Britney Spears.

    Cute little summer outfit. And what a thoughtful gift from your folks. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing at your bit about Britney Spears! I love the skirt. The shape and color are perfect! The dark purple looks so great with your hair and skin tone. The diamond necklace is so simplistic and understated so it will definitely be something you can wear and cherish for years to come! Sounds like you got some very thoughtful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the knee-high look on you - that skirt is too cute!!! you look fabulous, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purple hue is stunning on you! So cute, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace is perfect! What a good mommy you have!! It will definitely be something you always wear! I have diamond earrings that I haven't removed in 5 years! Crazy huh! Seriously, they're diamonds, why take them off?! Haha!


    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am wearing that purple skirt right now! good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're absolutely right, gorgeous gorgeous light. for a gorgeous, gorgeous girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift! A diamond is forever, afterall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE outfit and gorgeous necklace, the story especially is so so sweet!!!

    I love Utah's sunsets. I didn't grow up here, but it has been my home now for many years and no other sunsets compare to me, so I totally get'cha!

    I wasn't a Britney fan growing up, but I am NOW! Especially her early stuff. I also really like Avril Lavigne's music. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, hit me one more time... that's too funny! I love your purple skirt, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is gorgeous! I love how long your hair is, it's incredible! If I didn't know better I would think you were part fairy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww girl you look beautiful in this skirt! So cuutee! Love the diamond necklace! Your parents did good! How sweet! We really do have the most amazing sunsets...makes up for the heat. Just maybe. Not really. haha :)

    ReplyDelete