June 8, 2011

Down By The River

Lately the beautiful scenery surrounding me has be in an abundance, and I'm very thankful for that.


Last summer when I was in Avon my cousin and I went to Starbucks and I tricked him into walking with me down by the river (he's not one for nature walks). Well this year when I got to Avon the river walk was fresh in my mind and was one of the first places I wanted to go.




The river lines a walking path that goes through town. The spot I stopped at is near a ski resortand tons of people were out walking, running, biking, and even white water rafting by (if you look hard you can see a few of them in the river).



Being surrounded by such beautiful always seems sooth my soul. Being away from home, Scott, and all that I love is definitely hard at times, but seeing such beauty and taking in the calmness of a flowing river is definitely good for me. Free therapy is what I like to call it.




This week I'm going to be spending some time in Grand Junction, CO, stopping in at all my favorite spots and maybe even getting my shopping on. They have some amazing antique shops and coffee houses here, so I am sure my week will be plenty busy.



What are you up to this week? What kind of affect does nature have on you?

Outfit details:
Lace vest: Tj Maxx
Dress: Levi's
Enamel bracelets: Vintage shop in Portland

10 comments:

  1. I'm done with summer class this Friday! And nature has a really profound affect on me. I just appreciate life, mortality, and balance better when I'm outside. :)

    I really think this Avon place must be gorgeous! The river is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so so beautiful there! PS: Why am I not suprised you have an iced coffee in your hand... down by the river? ;) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so peaceful!

    ...especially with an iced coffee in hand! haha.

    I always feel more centered after taking a hike or just sitting outside in the sun for a bit. Free therapy is the perfect description! I'll definitely need some free therapy this week, being a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding.

    Thanks for an awesome post, Chelsea!

    <3 Robyn from http://www.citizentiny.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that vest! Such a great pop of color. That looks like such a lovely place to visit. Nate says Colorado is one of the most beautiful states he's ever visited and I believe it! I've been feeling similar about my surroundings lately- the sunshine and the gorgeous Summer afternoons lift my spirits so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really beautiful there... and I love your vest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place to take photos. Is it good to be home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that vest!!! and sounds like you have lots to look forward to this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look pretty in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovelovelove the mustard yellow and the dark blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit (and your hair!) and the river! Hehe! You do look quite peaceful there.

    I love nature. When I was a little girl, I wanted a house made of shrubbery so I could live outside... I don't want that anymore (think of going to the bathroom, eek.) But I do love nature, I love camping, hiking, walking, photography or just chillin' on the deck with Jen and enjoying our time outside! ^_^

    We also have a nest with 'ittle baby birds eye level to us, so that's been very sweet!

    ReplyDelete