June 2, 2011

Picnic Dress

To me, a summer is not complete without a good picnic or two. Growing up I didn't really go on a lot of picnics, but in the almost five years Scott and I have been together we have gone on enough to make up for my loss.


Gingham picnic dress: Target; Totem purse: c/o Made by Hank; Sandals: Sofft



Before I left Arizona Scott and I went on a few picnics. One of them was at the base of South Mountain, a mountain rage in Phoenix that is like a little slice of nature heaven in the middle of the city. Scott and I used to spend a lot of time there hiking, going on walks, but with our busy schedules we haven't really made it out there in awhile. So going on a picnic at the base was the perfect way to enjoy the scenery that we love.



Still loving my Made by Hank Totem purse. I love, love that it's handmade, and it's the perfect size for summer.




Today I'm in Avon, Colorado, a tiny mountain town not too far from Vail, a popular ski resort town in Colorado. The town itself isn't that interesting, but it is still very beautiful here. They have one local coffee shop, Loaded Joe's, and a few stores. Being the coffee obsessed person I am, you would suspect that I would be high-tailing it over to Loaded Joe's right about now. Well, this is sadly not the case. Over the years I've visited Loaded Joe's quite a few times, and every time I've gone there I've been disappointed. The coffee shop is also a bar, and because of that the atmosphere really throws me off. The seating is dingy and dirty, and reminds me of a bad night club (I've never been to one, but I'm assuming that is what one would look like). So instead of supporting local, this time around I will be spending my coffee cash at the local Starbucks. Sorry Loaded Joe's!



Is there a coffee shop that you've never been satisfied with? Are you fond of picnics?
-Chelsea

6 comments:

  1. Love going on picnics, it's absolutely the best and SO relaxing!! I always love bringing our little pooch too. And I'm loving your dress and that bag is the sweetest. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love picnics in the park! I have this dress and I might just wear it tonight to an outdoor concert and picnic! I usually belt mine because of my curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm obsessed with your dress!!

    ~Andrea @ http://hecallsmewifey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't go on a lot of picnics as a kid either (save the living room floor) and my boyfriend has been helping me make up for it, too! Love the dress. I've been looking for something simple and comfy to just throw on when it's too hot for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I want to go on a picnic with my man... you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to a bar/coffee shop. It just sounds WRONG.

    But there was this dinky little place on our anniversary trip that had a terribly "internet cafe" vibe. Sadly, it was the only coffee place in many miles and my caffeine addiction gets what it wants...

    ReplyDelete