July 18, 2011

Crested Butte

Last week my mom and I made a little trip up to Crested Butte, CO. We headed up the mountain to check out the cute little shops they have up the main street in town, and to grab a bite to eat.


When we got to Crested Butte the town was hopping (lunch + sunshine=perfect time to be out around town), and we had to drive around a bit to find a parking spot. When we finally found a spot I realized we were right next to my favorite house in town, one that is covered in old license plates!



Last summer when I visited Crested Butte for the first time I was blown away by this home, and found it completely unique and right up my alley.


The part of the building where I was standing for these photos is a private residence, but if you go right around the side of it you run into the cutest, tiniest coffee shop. While were there I tried to pick up a cup of joe, but the line to get in was out the door!


The sweet team over at Shop Strut sent me their lovely Desert Sands Tunic. The sheer fabric it's made out of is perfect for a summer's afternoon (cool and breezy in the wind), and the print + name leaves me with a feeling of home. After all, I do live in the desert!



I paired my pretty tunic and jeans with my Blowfish Shoes Gimmik sandals. I definitely felt extra tall, and slightly 1970's in them (which I loved). They really are the perfect summer sandal!

So before I go I want to say thank you to my sweet mom for taking these outfit photos for me. It was her first try and I have to say that she did a pretty good job! Thanks, Mom! You're the best!


Outfit details:
Sunnies: Ray Bans
Desert Sands Tunic: c/o Shop Strut
Ring: Purchased at a festival
Jeans: Levi's

Have you ever seen a house covered in license plates? What's the most unique house you've ever seen look like?

-Chelsea

11 comments:

  1. OMG you and your mother are twins like me and mine lol! I would have wanted to see the inside of that shop :( I love where yoou took the pics thou it looks really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, love the picture with your mom, SO adorable!! And she did a great job with the pictures, the license plate covered house makes for a fabulous backdrop. AND I love that you paired a tunic (so pretty) with your jeans, they work so well together and the Blowfish shoes are fab. Have a great week Chelsea. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!
    you look so much like your mom :)

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. the photo of you and your mom is cute! she did a wonderful job with taking the photos! i love your tunic - it goes well with your jeans and shoes! have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in that same exact spot :) We used to go to Crested Butte because it was the nearest (and by nearest, I mean 4 hours away) place that showed decent movies. Such a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute you look just like your mom! I love that picture! That tunic is so cute & what a fun place, the license plates are so cool! Good job to your mom, she got great shots. Enjoy the rest of your time up there, wearing jeans & not sweating your buns off the second you step outside ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this outfit is one of my favorites! You're both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your tunic!! And you & your mom are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, you and your mom. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom is so cute! You guys look so similar! Haha me too...I look just like my mom lately.

    Those shoes are great as well. I was debating buying some Blowfish shoes in the sale right now...but I wasn't sure about the quality...are they good?? xo

    ReplyDelete