September 17, 2011

Mesa Groves

It's true, sometimes you just need a day off. Lately I've been feeling so overwhelmed with school work, especially this weekend with having two tests to complete and also an outline of a twenty page theoretical essay to do, so yesterday I took a "Mental Health Day."



The weather was gorgeous (although, it has been warming back up), and I wanted nothing more to do just relax do a few things that would make me happy and be good for my soul. So I started the morning with some girl time with Courtney (yoga and coffee), and running around to a few fun places in Scottsdale, Tempe, and Phoenix with Scott.



Lately I've been realizing how important it is to find time for myself and not worry about all that I have going on. Also, with not going to an in-peron class very often anymore, it's still so important to get ready for the day in my best duds. Sometimes it's so easy to fall into a routine of plan t-shirts and jeans every day, but I feel it's still so important to "dress for success" (that is, the success of finishing all of my homework and feeling great about it). Oh, and I have to say that I felt totally like myself in this outfit. Cardigans and cute booties make all outfits that much more sweeter.



On another note, Scott and I took these photos a few days ago after having lunch at Sprouts in East Mesa. The orange and lemon orchards that are so frequent in East Mesa will always have a place in my heart, and I will always take the chance to go on a nice walk through them given the opportunity.




Today I'm feeling very much refreshed and ready to take on my stacks of homework. I keep telling myself, one thing at a time. I've already got my iced coffee and I'm ready to take on the day.


Outfit details:
Cardigan: Target
Top: Quicksilver
Bracelets: vintage, Kate Spade, and c/o Taylor Kenney Jewelry
Jeans: Urban Outfitters

What are you up to today? Do you have a lot of errands/homework to do?

-Chelsea XO

12 comments:

  1. Cuuuute! And I love that you can take a mental health day. So cool.

    I do have a loooot of to-do's today, though if they don't get done... Oh well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This post reminds me of my little orange grove adventure with Harbor last spring. :)

    Good for you actively taking care of yourself. It's so, so important! Good luck knocking things out today.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great, those pants are the perfect color. This makes me want to pick peaches!!! So fun!!

    anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute boots! Love the wedges. XO, Rae

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit, I have been thinking about buying red jeans for a while but couldn't figure out how to wear them...I love the mix of black and white stripes, and those boots are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay strong girl. Agreed, a day for yourself is a top priority sometimes. Good luck with grad school! I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these photos!
    your outfit is stunning and the scenery is so lovely.
    i would just LOVE to go to an orchard like this!
    i hope you have a beautiful day, chelsea. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those pants! Especially with the booties. And yes.. sometimes you definitely need "me" time. I know if I didn't get some here and there I'd go nuts! :) Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. another fun adventure - love the cranberry pants and those bicker shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mental Health Days are a must! You sound so busy! I hope things loosen up school-wise, though I understand too b/c mine is ramping up...bah, school. lol!

    These groves look so scenic though! I love that you and Scott spend so much time with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a senior in college and totally get what you mean about taking it one thing at a time. My work keeps piling up, but it's all about perception. To-do lists are helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you...we all need mental health days!

    ReplyDelete