October 11, 2011

Grad School Style

If you were to ask me to describe my style, I would probably say casual. I love a good skinny jean, and a blouse. But ever since I got more into personal style blogging (its been over a year now!) I've seen my interest in more feminine items really rise up. However, I still feel like I would describe my style as casual, but with some indie/boho/feminine style mixed in there as well.



I wore this outfit to my only in-person class. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm pretty positive that I'm the youngest person in my program (and maybe the only one in my class without a nine to five). So whenever I get to class I see my peers all wearing business attire clothing, and think to myself maybe I should be wearing something similar. Then I look at my professor and he's wearing an outfit he probably purchased at REI, and feel better. I am who I am, and I am perfectly ok with that.





It's still so crazy to think I am actually in grad school. In the past week I've had two people tell me that they thought I just graduated high school (and also one lady that couldn't believe I was 23). I am very happy that I'm on this path though so young in life, and that come two years I will have a Master's degree and be done with school (maybe) and be able to walk into the next chapter in my life.


Today is another busy day. I have a meeting, school work, and a fun evening with some sweet friends planned. I'm also hoping to squeeze in some outfit photos somewhere in there, and catch up on a few days. I might need to be drinking some apple cider while doing most of this. Scott and I bought the most delicious apple cider the other night at Trader Joes and it tastes like fall in a cup! YUM!

Outfit details:
Head scarf: Old/Target?
Blouse: Levi's
Vintage Dooney & Bourke: Thrifted
Jeans: Levi's

What are you up to today? What's your favorite fall treat?
-Chelsea XO

9 comments:

  1. this look is so comfy and chic - love the headband! and i think the fact that you are in grad school is awesome - keep up the awesome work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your style and definitely would describe it as boho/feminine. dont dress for anyone else, even at school. dont do it for work. there are ways to adhere to an office setting without giving up your personal style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel silly wanting to blog about my style because half the time I am super casual. But being super casual rules, and you prove that.

    Lauren @ Sea Parrot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for going to grad school! And I love your style. Who wants to sit in a class wearing a business suit, anyways?

    xoxoKelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that purse is darling!
    My favorite fall drink is a cinnamon dulce latter from Starbucks--it's so yummy, especially with an extra shot! I've also heard that Trader Joe's has really good pumpkin coffee, which I NEED to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good post. I think about similar things. Not because people dress up in my major to come to class (unless they're coming from an agency), but because this is the first year in a long time that I've chosen to wear what I want because it makes me feel like "me." It's been a big chapter in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, i love your shoes. I wish I could pull off loafers :) SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eee, I love your little cross-body purse! So casual and girly. :) When I'm going to class, I have to shlep all these big, bulky, ugly bags. I can never figure out how to make them chic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I teach college classes and am regularly mistaken for one of my students. Argh - I'm 29 and nearly done with my PhD! Oh well, I suppose we'll appreciate looking young some day.

    Your shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete