January 11, 2012

Breakfast Date at Matt's Big Breakfast


As you may know, going out to breakfast is one of my favorite things to do. A few mornings ago Scott and I found ourselves in downtown Phoenix very early, so we just decided to go to Matt's Big Breakfast because we knew we would be able to get in fairly quickly (we've waiting more than an hour to get in before!). It was an absolutely beautiful morning, and I just wanted to commit every inch of it to memory.










I had my usual, the cheese omelet with home fries and toast (with coffee, of course).


Scott had the special with toast and his favorite hashbrowns.




Breakfast dates hold a special place in my heart. Are you fond of breakfast dates? What do you usually get?
-Chelsea xo

11 comments:

  1. I love breakfast dates! Last year on Christmas Eve my boyfriend and I met for a breakfast date, and it was super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture of you is lovely! The coloring is so warm and inviting. ;]

    {XOXO, Deanna}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Breakfast is also my favorite meal to go out for. I started my blog- http://eclecticharge.blogspot.com/!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need to try this place! i love breakfast lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast is my favorite! I usually go to my favorite little café in Manhattan, 'Snice. Their oatmeal with dried fruit is ridiculously delicious, and they serve tea in tall, thick glasses. If I'm lucky, I manage to grab my favorite table in the sunshine!

    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love breakfast dates! I love breakfast foods. I wish more mom and pop breakfast places around here came with a nice piece of bread like that and fresh jam! Bagged toast is always served :( You two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love breakfast dates! Brunch is my favorite, I'm a huge fan of omelettes & pancakes on special occasions.

    You hair looks great in these photos, Chelsea! Beautiful as always:)

    ❤ Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Matt's! My tummy is growwwwling..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread/toast looks so so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love breakfast daaaates so muuuch! I love trying out wacky menu items with Harbor because he has such an adventurous palette. But, I'm sucker for an egg over easy and something delicious on the side like savory, cheesy grits or warm, buttered toast or even an English muffin with blackberry preserves. Mmm...

    Your photos are great. I like that we get to see some more details in these blog posts. And, I'd love to have brunch here! Looks so superb.

    ReplyDelete