January 12, 2012

Primary Love


Sometimes you just need some primary colors in your life. Yesterday it was a slightly dreary day (ok, to Arizona standards), and I just needed a little pop of color in my life. My morning was filled with coffee and trying to get things pulled together for school. I was feeling overwhelmed, and needed a change of pace. It took me awhile to get out of my funk, but when I did I ended up in this outfit. Sometimes all it takes is a fun pair of shoes and a vintage head scarf (or whatever is floating your boat that day).




Since I feel like the Winter season is going to pass by so quickly, I'm wanting to savor it as much as I can. Scott and I skipped our annual trip up to Flagstaff because there wasn't any snow up there to play in, so I'm looking for a few ways to make up for it. I'm thinking winter traditions! Do any of you have any traditions/things you really love doing in the winter time (that doesn't involve snow pretty please)?









I'm lovvvving my Milan clogs from Ugglebo Clogs. They are comfy, and the prettiest shade of red. I'm thinking it would be fun to pair them with tights next time around. Ya know, for a more wintery feel!


Today I'm hoping to catch up on some homework (I already feel like I'm falling behind!), drinking lots of coffee (I may or may not have been up for hours in the middle of the night watching Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives), and obsessing over all the little projects I currently have going or want to start. I've been so inspired to get back into using Scott and I's film cameras, as well as to knit something pretty before winter is out, and to make a fun scrapbook (have you seen Elsie's recent post about a super simple scrapbook? SO inspirational!). Here's to hoping for a lovely day!


Outfit details:
Scarf: Vintage
Vest: UO
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Shirt: Target
Jeans: Levi's

9 comments:

  1. Love how you wear that scarf. As my hair gets longer I think I can attempt something like this! and great jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my really good friends lives by those clogs I think she may even have a few pair. They are super comfy and I like how you made this look cute and girly with the touch of red. I totally had a "ME TOO!" moment when you mentioned Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I love that show and I make a list of places I need to go to everytime I watch lol

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    www.shopfake.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to those shoes and primary colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lady, I've just found you on Chictopia and as I felt in love with your style (the last outfit post is amazing!) I also can't get enough of your blog... :) -Paula (http://wildandminded.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute outfit, I love the pop of color. :D If you're craving a winter-y day, I suggest putting on some relaxing music, snuggling up in PJs or your favorite cozy outfit, open the window a bit and let the cool air in, snuggle under blankies and watch trash TV or something you love (like I love documentaries!!!) Sip hot chocolate, or hot coffee; read a charming book, just indulge in hibernation (a major plus if you do this with your honey!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally with you on wanting to savor winter (even though I feel like your outfit is a perfect warm winter look). I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that I played in a park today in a T-shirt and jeans. That shouldn't be happening in January, right?

    Aaaand I love your vintage scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are too cute, i love the scalloped and dot cut outs. you look great, aaaas usual ;) i hope you're feeling better today, not so overwhelmed with school and that you get to enjoy some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this look! The layered tops look great with jeans and those Ugglebos :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this whole look, you look stunning!
    xx

    http://wearingwolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete