February 3, 2012

Layered Lace


When it comes to style, I've always felt like I've ran to the beat of my own drum. I've always been drawn to classic colors and silhouettes, and occasionally a fun pattern or two. Recently though I was completely inspired by Miss Elsie with her layered lace outfit she posted and instantly wanted to put my own spin on the look.


I have this creme lace vest that Scott so sweetly bought me last summer while I was away in Colorado. Since short sleeves have been far and few between lately, I thought it might be fun to layer the lace with a more winter (Arizona winter that is) style look.





I also wanted to style up the outfit with simple accessories since I would be spending the evening in an uncomfortable grad school chair. I'm really loving these velvet loafers from Wanted Shoes. I've been eyeing a pair of loafers for months now, and this pair is quite darling (perfect for walking around campus).


Today I have a lot of catch up work to do. I pretty much spent the school week working finishing up a big paper for one of my classes, and simultaneously ignored my other homework (oops!). Happy Friday everyone! Have any fun plans for the weekend?
-Chelsea xo

Outfit details:
Cardigan: Target
Vest: TJ Maxx
Shirt: Target
Ring: Vintage
Jeans: Levi's
Velvet loafers: c/o Wanted Shoes

13 comments:

  1. i adore lace anything so i'm loving this! and those loafers are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layered vest, it's so cute! I also love TJ Maxx so much! :)

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! The lace looks great peeking out from that cardigan. What the heck kind of grass is that?! It's so nice and plush...I want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a vest really similar to that one - I never thought to wear it in the winter! That outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah those shoes are SO great. i've never checked out wanted shoes, maybe i should!

    you look cute, as per usual miss chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lace vest is such a sweey touch!

    Xo,
    Steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how the lace peeks out in between the layers. this looks like such a cozy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red cardigan paired with the lace vest! I used to think lace was too 'frilly' for me but I've come to adore it recently! You look so lovely!
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you layered your look! Looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those loafers are rad (that's right I say rad...a lot actually), and I really love the hint of lace. Your look is classic, but you have a way of making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this combination. great way to pull out a summer/spring piece and make it work in february!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful lace layering!! I love that you took Elsie's inspiration and made it your own :) Those loafers are so fab! I just ordered some tiger striped loafers and I can't wait to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done. Still very you just adding a new element.

    ReplyDelete