February 2, 2012

PSC Launch Party: The Main Event


Once the sun starting setting our guests started to arrive. It was a beautiful night in Phoenix (chilly, but not too bad), and we were so excited to have everyone there. For the first hour everyone mingled a little bit and enjoyed a few delicious treats. It really was so awesome to meet so many sweet blog readers, and also to see a few familiar faces.


About an hour and half into the party Courtney, myself, Katherine, Kara, and Josh took to the patio and gave a speech about who we are as a collective, what we want to do in the community, and also a little bit about ourselves personally.


I feel like I should tell you that I'm a horrible public speaker. My chest gets really red, and I tend to stumble over my words. Courtney was a real trooper and did most of the talking, but when it came to talking about myself I was quite nervous. Overall, my speech went over well and I was happy that I got to introduce myself.


After we talked everyone had more time to mingle, buy tickets for the raffle, and play around in the photo booth. We had a really awesome photo booth set up in the dressing room of The GrowOP, complete with silly props and chalkboard speech bubbles. Thanks so much Brenda Eden for taking our photos!


Aren't the girls of Superstition Vintage too cute with their red frame!


Remember how I had mentioned that Brendan did such an amazing job with all of our snacks for the night, well he also made these amazing custom buttons for all of our attendees with their name on them (think chic name tags!). Thank you, Brendan!


It was really great having Kenny there to support our event! Kenny is a co-owner of The GrowOP, and sweetest guy! Thank you Kenny for lettings us have our event in your wonderful space!


I was so excited when I saw the lovely Nadia of Nadia Shea, and Kristine of Kristine or Polly at the event. I swear, these two are the sweetest and I was so happy that they were able to come out! Also, I'm SO exited that Kristine is an official Arizona resident again, and I can't wait to meet-up with her again.


A little after eight we announced all of the raffle winners. Courtney did a great job at announcing all of our sponsors, the lovely prizes, and the winners. I swear, she has more charisma and spunk than anyone I know (and I love her for that!).


Overall, the night was a complete success and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you so much again to everyone who came out to support, and to all who were with us in spirit. If you're interested in keeping up with us, you can check out The Phoenix Style Collective blog, and Facebook page.
-Chelsea xo

5 comments:

  1. You all are such a lovely group of people! :) It looks like so much fun!

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Chelsea! I bet your speech was wonderful!! It looks like you had an amazing night, how exciting for you.

    P.S. I am the worst public speaker ever, my entire face gets so RED, even if I'm not nervous or embarrassed at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I had so much fun! You guys did such a great job in putting everything together :) Can't wait for the next event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like sooo much fun! I would love to attend something like this. and the idea is awesome. Glad it went off so well!
    xoxo Charity
    ps--now hosting a lovely giveaway! somedreamingtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great meeting you and the whole event was a huge success! I was glad to be able to make it out. You did a great job speaking and I didn't even notice a stumble. I'm horrible at public speaking as well, you should've seen me give a speech at the OCFW Blogger Panel..YIKES, what was I thinking?!

    Anyway, great job!

    ReplyDelete