February 2, 2012

PSC Launch Party: Pre-Party


This past Saturday was The Phoenix Style Collective launch party. Overall, the event turned out better than any of us could have hoped for (honestly, the support we received was amazing). After going through my photos from the evening I realized that I have so many photos and little stories I want to share, so I've decided to break up the whole experience into two posts: the pre-party, and the main event.


It's amazing to think that a little over a year and a half ago that The Phoenix Style Collective was just an idea that Courtney had about something that we could work on together, and here we are (well, there we were) at our first event. What a dream come true!


The GrowOP was truly the perfect place to have our event at. The vintage/handmade shop is owned and ran by one of the collective's co-founders, Josh, and all of us knew that our first event had to be (after all, the raffle we had was entirely benefitting the shop!). We also really loved the idea that it would get some of our non-downtown dweller friends out to the area, and maybe even open their eyes to the beauty that surrounds our amazing community down there.


Myself, Katherine, and Kara talking and more than likely tweeting/instagraming right before the party started.


Inside the shop we sold raffle tickets for a slew of amazing prices! We honestly had so many amazing sponsors donate items for the raffle, and it really was such a blessing to have all of them want to support us and The GrowOP. Thank you SO much to all who donated. It would have not been the same without your support and kindness!


We all wanted to have a way to get in touch with everyone who attended, so we thought what better way than to have everyone feel out a card to let us know who they are and how we can get in touch with them (big thanks to Kelsey of Roofresh for designing them for us!).




Our party also wouldn't have been the same without all of the delicious treats that our amazing friend Brendan made. We had mini cupcakes (peanut butter & jelly, lemon meringue, and vanilla with strawberry), the most delicious popcorn and nut mixes, and also the tiniest, cutest little sandwiches. Brendan really went above and beyond and I feel like we can't thank him enough! Thank you SO much Brendan for making our evening that much more magical!



What would a party be without homemade iced coffee? Scott and I made this batch the day before and it turned out SO yummy! I really need to make iced coffee at home more often.


We were also very fortunate to have an amazing food truck at the launch party. Luncha Libre is a fairly new food truck to the Phoenix area and we were so excited to have them parked outside of The GrowOP. They served up some delicious mexican food during the party, and they were super sweet to everyone. Thank you so much Luncha Libre, we love you!



Street tacos from Luncha Libre! Throughout the night I sampled a handful of bites from Luncha Libre, but these seemed to be the only ones that I got a picture of. Their churro was by far my favorite dish (ok, I might have a little bias to treats, but still!).


The sun began to set and our guests began to arrive. I will be back with part two of our launch party very soon, and I already can't wait to share! XO


4 comments:

  1. You guys look great! I wish I could go! That food truck looks amazing!

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh you girls are the cutest. I wish we could have made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having PSC withdrawals, it feels like it's been so long! We still need to meet up for a celebratory cupcake:)

    xo, katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the lemon meringue and oh my gosh, your friends are amazing.

    So glad I was able to attend, even for a little.

    ReplyDelete