January 26, 2013

Winter Love

I feel like winter is the season that gets the least amount of love. It's chilly, damp, and a cold or two is usually flying around the city (like right now, yuck). However, the unconventional Phoenix winters that I'm so used to usually have me spellbound. Chilly mornings, loads of hot coffee, and extra layers that I usually never get to pull out captivate me, and for the few, short weeks where it actually feels like winter in Phoenix, I am thankful. What also captivates me is how other people are affected by different seasons. Nat the Fat Rat recently blogged on how the cold is affecting her, and the sincerity and realness of her thoughts hit close to home (because face it, even in Phoenix the winter blues hit us occasionally). Although I don't live somewhere that has a typical winter, I still feel like I can relate to and appreciate her thoughts (and maybe even wished a little that it was colder here and snowed once and awhile so I can fully soak in the season).

How do the winter months affect you? What do you do to beat the winter blues? Do you have any wintertime traditions?
-Chelsea xo

8 comments:

  1. Its been freezing over where I am and I didn't think it was affecting me but now I seem to realize that I'm just feeling super lonely so I guess it is affecting me to an extent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter has been very cold, but at least the cold keeps away the rain. I think that the rainy season between March and June is when the blues really hit me here in Portland.

    Coffee and cute handknitted items is how I make it thru the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind winter so long as it stays over 5'C (about 40 F) but below that everything becomes a chore. I you aren't working snow is great, but if you are working its horrible!

    I think it mostly tea and books that gets me through the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like winter too! :)

    Nafisah xo

    www.bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first winter in a long time spent in a more northern region (meaning Virginia as compared to Florida). At first, winter was a novelty, but it's starting to wear on me. I can bear a certain amount of cold as long as the sun's out, but the short dark days of December were terrible. - Leah, leahwise.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you look adorable! I love love love that hat on you miss! Too cute. Neutrals look amazing on you, with your hair and all...love it!

    I don't necessarily looove winter, I also live in Canada so my winter is much different from yours haha, I can handle/like the cold/snow for about a month but we get almost 5 full months of winter here so it gets old pretty quickly! I like winter sometimes though because it's an excuse to stay inside and watch movies or write letters or make jewelry...I like having an excuse to stay inside sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love winter! Except driving when the weather's really bad. It's actually warming up quite a bit after being 7 degrees for the past few days - layers, scarves and gloves are a must, and so is a big steamy cup of coffee or tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing I like about winter is that it makes me appreciate the other seasons. But we get snow like seven months out of the year and it iften is below zero degrees. Your winter sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete