July 8, 2013

Staples

It's a matter of fact that I am a tried and true staples kind of gal when it comes to my wardrobe. I love quality, timeless pieces that I know I can mix and match together well, and keep wearing for years to come. With my new transition into "office wear," which luckily is very laid-back at my office, I'm finding that pieces I've owned and loved for years (as well as a few new pieces from my pre-start day shopping spree) are quickly becoming staples for my weekly 8 to 5 wears. Dark blue jeans will forever be a favorite, and I love that Minnetonka Moccasins are totally work approved.

Outfit details:
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Top: Levi's
Bracelet: Vintage & Kate Spade
Jeans: Levi's
Leopard Kilty Mocs: c/o Minnetonka Moccasins

Today starts my first full week in the office, since last week was a holiday and my hours were a little tweaked. I swung by a local coffee shop on the way to work and picked up a large iced coffee to cool me down (it's already such a hot day!), and I have plans for a walk around downtown on my lunch break. Happy Monday, sweet friends!
-Chelsea xo

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the job is going well, and love seeing the kinds of outfits you wear to work. We're moving to NYC this week, so I'm excited to see how (and if) my style changes with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my tried-and-true staples too! What a great satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mixing chambray and denim! You look so wonderful! I also have my tried and true staples, the number one being cardigans. I could have a million cardigans and never get tired of wearing them!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've become a total sucker for a denim on denim look. Now I'm on the market for a light chambray to pair with darker jeans like yours!

    - kelsey @ applewood road

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could wear this outfit to work! I love the denim on demim look. I think I need those mocs in my life too. I'm glad to hear you're loving your new job! I take walks downtown on my lunch break too! It's nice to get outta the office and get some fresh air. I have quite a few stories from our interesting locals! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! I also see that you live in Phoenix. I just moved here from Florida - small world!!
    Newest follower here :)

    xo,
    -Allie
    http://lunavida23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete