August 13, 2013

Loyal To The Soil

I borrowed today's title from a cute print that a local couple recently put up in their Etsy shop (check it out!), and truly love how awesome the saying is. I consider myself a tried and true Arizonian (with Colorado tendencies), and can't imagine living in another city. Phoenix truly has my heart, and I love the local art community that I've been able to witness grow and succeed in this desert land over the past few years. This Saturday I'm doing my part to contribute to this ever growing, art focused community by co-teaching a Blogging 101 Workshop at the Frances studio. We still have some spots open and I would love to see so many of you local gals there! You can find all of the info right here, and it's sure to be a great time!

Outfit details:
Scarf: Madewell
Shirt: Last Chance
Bracelet: Vintage
Jeans: Gap
Tacita wedges (half price right now!): c/o Blowfish Shoes

My outfits have been all about simplicity as I've been running out the door, coffee in hand, making my way to work every morning. I still feel like I'm adjusting to my new schedule, but I know everything comes with time. Tonight I'm spending some time with one of my favorite gals (Hi, Kara!), and probably going to pick up a treat from AJ's sometime before or after (it's a must when I'm close to an AJ's location - which isn't too often!).

What do you love most about your city? What are you up to today?
-Chelsea xo

10 comments:

  1. You are just gorgeous! Love this outfit, it's simple but you've still given it so much interest with your accessories and those gorgeous shoes!! As for my city? The ocean, mountains and heritage houses that have been converted into shops. The cutest!!

    xo
    By The Shore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee your outfit, it's so pretty! Simple, yet unique and you! I would say, about my city, I love that we're so close to the mountains. I love that we have an eclectic area (Sugarhouse) in a state that isn't known for sure (Utah.) I love that we have such fabulous national parks, only a few hours away. ♥ I love the cotton candy Western sky. The magpie's that live in our trees and about fifty or hundred or so other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the outfit! I just moved to phoenix area and I'm learning to enjoy wearing scarves even if it's 110 degrees! gap jeans are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair in a bun!! Like SO MUCH!

    Today, I've been sewing clothes all day, pretty slouchy tops. Lots of french seams. It's been wonderful.

    I also love the art scene in my new city. It's been amazing getting to know all the local artists and making friends with like minded people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with this simple outfit you look so gorgeous!
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a pretty strong love affair with my city a few years ago, but I think the stress of going to school here made things start to wear thin. However, now that I've been able to take a step back, I realize how much I love this place, and how much of a Pittsburgh gal I really am! There's so many hidden gems in this city, the only bad thing is how spaced out it all is! I live "in" Pittsburgh, but most of the action is still an hour's drive away! ><;

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that scarf! I wish there was a Madewell near my house.
    Also, I tried to follow you on twitter, but for some reason I am blocked. My twitter name is pencilwriting and I'd love to follow your twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding the scarf to the look really gives it extra style points.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete