October 10, 2013

TOMS x World Sight Day

I'm so excited to announce that I've partnered with TOMS to help spread awareness for World Sight Day. In case you're not familiar, World Sight Day is an annual day of awareness created to focus global attention on blindness, visual impairment and rehabilitation of the visually impaired. Today, October 10th, TOMS is asking everyone to "Be Shady" in honor of World Sight Day by wearing their sunglasses inside to help raise awareness for this very important day!


In honor of World Sight Day, TOMS has even released a pair of limited edition #BESHADY sunglasses that you can only find on their website (and for a slamming deal at $55). Just like with their shoes, when you buy a pair of TOMS shades you're helping to make a difference in the life of another. For every pair of sunglasses sold, TOMS helps a person in need by caring for their sight needs, whether that be with perscription glasses, sight-saving surgery, or medical treatment - TOMS is there to help.

Today I'm rocking the TOMS Yvette Panama Tortoise sunglasses inside and out and about. Over the years my family has been immensely affected by visual impairment, and I'm more than thankful for those who have stepped up and lent a helping hand. In honor of these efforts, TOMS and I would love to encourage you to rock your shades all day today and #BESHADY with us!


Just to put things even more into perspective, here are a few stats centered on visual impairment:
-285 million people are visually impaired or blind
-80% of visual impairment worldwide can be cured or prevented
-9 out of 10 people with visual impairment live in developing countries
-Over 12 million children worldwide have visual impairment that can be improved with glasses

On a side note, yesterday evening a big storm rolled into Phoenix and today we're enjoying the most crip weather we've had all season - it's only in the 50's outside! I've got a busy day ahead of me with meetings and a few projects to accomplish, but I just know it's going to be a beautiful, and very shady autumn day.

Outfit details:
Yvette Panama Tortoise sunglasses c/o TOMS
Scarf: c/o Le Mode Accessories
Dress: Madewell
Boots: Steve Madden

I would love it if you would #BESHADY with me today! Don't forget to tag me (@chelseabird) and @TOMS so we can check out your shady self!
-Chelsea xo

5 comments:

  1. I love the cause to help the visually impaired, and I love those sunglasses!

    You are cute, as always:)

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sunglasses! I love the partnerships that you do on the blog!
    We took pictures by the train tracks for our post on our blog today too!
    Leah Faye
    a clover and a bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that scarf! And what a great cause. I'm visually impaired and couldn't imagine life without correction from contacts and glasses. Every human should have that right.

    ReplyDelete