February 10, 2014

OUR WEDDING: MOMENTS

On January 18, 2014, after seven years of love, laughter, and friendship, Scott and I tied the knot in Scottsdale, Arizona in front of our family and friends. Our day was truly magical, and was everything that we could have hoped for and more. To start off the first of many post-wedding blog posts, I wanted to share a few "moments" that our sweet photographer, Sarah, kindly sent our way to tide us over until all of our wedding photos are ready. Without further adieu ---



We began the celebrations with our first look on a grassy knoll. Scott stood patiently waiting for me with this back turned while I held my dress high and walked up behind him. When I was ready, I tapped him on the shoulder and whispered, "Are you ready?" Our reactions upon our first looks were sweet and unforgettable (big smiles all around!), and this is a moment that I'm truly thankful we were able to have together. Looking back, I'll never forget how Scott looked at me when he saw me in my dress for the first time. His words and reactions will be forever sealed in my heart.





My father walked me down the aisle to Iron and Wine's version of Such Great Heights by The Postal Service. I'll forever be thankful that we were able to share this sweet moment together - my dad and the daughter that he raised with all of the love and kindess in the world.



My aunt married us in a unique and personal ceremony in a light filled room while the sun was beginning to set. We listened to and spoke words of encouragement and love, prayed, lit a candle of unity together, and said, "we do." With a kiss we were married, and all felt right in the world.



After our ceremony, we took photos with our family, bridal party, and together as a newlywed couple. We battled for good light, but found ourselves on the top of a parking garage engulfed in the prettiest Arizona glow, together as Mr. and Mrs. for the first time.






All photos by Arrow & Apple.

We spent the rest of the evening dancing, sipping on coffees (we had coffee station and the best baristas!), snacking on the most delicious food, snapping photos in the photobooth, mingling with our guests, and taking in every magical moment as possible. The night ended with a sparkler send off! I ran barefoot through the streams of light and tried to capture each face as we past by. The magic in this moment will never be forgotten.

Thank you all for looking and reading about our special day. I hope you enjoyed seeing and reading my thoughts on these momments, and I look forwarding to sharing more in the weeks to come.
Sincerely,
Mrs. G xo

12 comments:

  1. Such sweet moments captured and of course so beautifully! Can't wait to see more:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little moments are the best, aren't they? My favorite was waiting with my dad for our turn to walk down the aisle. I think we were both shaking and I could hardly stand still, but he held my hand ever so sweetly while we waited for Sufjan Steven's Come Thou Fount to start.
    Ahhh... wedding days are so magical!! So glad you have these memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos - gorgeous couple - and gorgeous wedding! Many congratulations to you both! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Sarah did a stellar job. Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't decide if I want a "first look" to be before the wedding or not, but your words sure make it sound appealing! I love that it became a personal and memorable moment for you both. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing! You look so beautiful - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are just breathtaking. You look so beautiful and Scott looks so handsome, what a couple!! <3 This makes me want to get married all over again... I loved planning for our wedding!! xoxo

    By The Shore, a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just perfect. There is no other word to describe them. You looked so beautiful!!! I'm so glad we were there to celebrate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally teared up reading about your first look at each other. I love how you two got to see each other like that before the ceremony in private. If I ever get married, I'd definitely want to do that as well. :) Congrats. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get your headpiece for your wedding? I NEED to find it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete