June 20, 2014

BLUE SKIES, GREEN EYES







Outfit details:
Blouse: Loft
Necklace: Etsy
Purse: Madewell Transport Tote
American Eagle leggings
Blowfish Shoes sandals

I might be standing in my favorite go-to place in these pictures, but right now I'm typing away in a cozy breakfast nook in West Valley City, Utah. We've been here since Tuesday, and so far we've seen a ton of rain, the streets of downtown Salt Lake City, and spent time laying in the grass on a warm and sunny day. There's six of us and two dogs staying in a small place, so at night we've all been piling in and sleeping on the comfiest spot we can find. It doesn't seem so fun when I wake up with a crick in my neck from laying funny on the couch all night, but these are the days I know I'll look back on and say remember when. You know those ordinary but incredibly memorable days, right? I knew you would! 

Anyways, yesterday we accidentally took a giant tour of SLC and it's surrounding cities after a wrong turn and no where to turn back around. I'm so used to living on a grid where it's super easy to get turned back around, but here, with all of it's twists and turns, you could spend an hour trying to get back to where you were. Oh well! I did enjoy the drive, though, and got to take in a little more of SLC than I usually do. I've seriously been ooing and awing over all of the grass and trees here (ask Scott), and have taken every chance I've had to kick my shoes off and walk around in the soft grass. It may sound silly, but to someone from Phoenix whose grass is currently crispy from the sun, this is a totally luxury! 

Happy first day of Summer, friends! Let's make this one count and enjoy every pool day, snow cone break and picnic we can!

-Chelsea xo

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun, plus yes, totally wonderful moments to look back on someday!! And... this outfit?! SO pretty! I've been living in something very similar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there :) I just found your blog via pinterest :) love your hair. I would like to have that wonderful dreamy color for whole my life but nature has ddecided that wasn`t gonna happen :D traveling with friends (and esp dogs) is so much fun and all those situations that would bug us in any other situation are wonderful memories we will cherish forever. Enjoy :)

    xoxo
    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've flown into SLC countless times but have never been able to check it out. Can't wait to hopefully see some photos!
    XXXX
    SHE IS BORN OF THE SEA

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,love your blouse..enjoy your holiday,girl!!

    xo josephine c.
    www.joselovincolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this simple look! i'm so jealous of your travels...SLC sounds amazing! it looks like you're having an amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! I love taking photos at my favorite locations too. I've been wearing something similar, i love simple and causal for summer! Happy Weekend

    http://www.rachelthehat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sandals you're wearing, very cute! SLC is on my list of places to go this next year, really excited to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great trip! Those are definitely the days you will look back on. I never really thought about missing nice green grass like that, but I suppose you would since you live in Phoenix! I also really love this outfit! It is basically my kind of look. Simple, yet put together and classy looking. I have that bag and it is my absolute favorite. That shirt is so pretty as well!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete